Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Shit Storm Grows

Last Friday we had a very unfortunate incident involving our 9 year old son with autism.  Lucky for us he was found safe and sound.  The police officer involved was very kind, and calm and did write up a report.  Full details are in the previous blog post I had to write to save myself typing up the whole story multiple times.

Today I walked into the police department and asked for a copy of the report.  They would only give me page 1 of 4 citing that it is a sensitive type of report that they do not typically release.  Can you please tell me how/why this is and what are the magic words besides an attorney to get the full report?

What is at stake for us at this point is our childcare.  I was contacted by the au pair agency (Cultural Care Au Pair) that we have used for the past 7 years today to inform me that this has attracted the attention of the State Department and we have been suspended from the program until they complete their investigation.  In the words of the VP of Operations who contacted us the State Department said "given the fact that we have 4 children and 2 with special needs we are taking advantage of the au pair".

We would obviously like to remain a part of the program, but more importantly like to ensure that we are not being singled out nor are other parents of children with special needs.

No comments: